Mode of Action
It is a broad-spectrum fungicide with protective action. The product is fungitoxic when exposed to air. It is converted to an isothiocyanate, which inactivates the sulphahydral (SH) groups in enzymes of fungi. Some times the metals are exchanged between Zineb and enzymes of fungi, thus causing disturbance in fungal enzyme functioning.
- It is an unique fungicide, besides controlling many diseases, provides Zinc nutrition also
- Broad-spectrum fungicide, which controls large number of diseases with its multisite action.
- Best molecule for Alternaria diseases in many crops.
- Winner Z-78 sprays results in dark green coloured healthy leaves & ultimately increase in yield.
- Winner Z-78 is safe to foliage, blossoms and fruits of many plants. Green triangle fungicide, indicates its safety to warm blooded animals.
It is compatible with commonly used pesticides. It is not compatible with lime sulphur and Bordeaux mixture or alkaline solutions.
For better disease management, it is always advisable to remember the maxim – PREVENTION IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN CURE.
- Generally the sprays of 'Winner Z-78 should start before the appearance of disease or at disease initiation. Repeat the. applications at 7-12 days interval depending on climatic conditions and disease severity.
- The general recommendations on various crops are given below. General application rate for foliar spray is 200-250 grams Per 100 liter of Water. Water Volume ranges between 500 to 1000 liter per hectare based upon crop type and crop stage.
- It is advised that the user must read the label and leaflet attached to the container for details or follow local recommendations.