Mode of Action
Mancozeb is a protective fungicide which reacts with air and get converted to an isothiocyanate, which inactivates the Sulphahydral (SH) groups of aminoacids and enzymes of fungal cells, resulting in disruption of lipid metabolism, respiration and production of ATP.
- Broad spectrum disease control - Winner M-45 is an effective protectant fungicide which control diseases caused by all four major classes of plant pathogens in wide range of the cross.
- King of fungicides - Widely used and trustworthy fungicide which offering effective control of wide of disease.
- Wide spectrum use - Used for foliar sprays, seed treatment and nursery drenching in many crops.
- Fit for resistance management - Due to multisite mode of action, the risk of resistance development is very low; therefore, it can be used repeatedly for number of years.
- Cost effective - Cost benefits for disease control over non-EBDCs.
- Provide nutrients - Potential health benefit to the plant by providing Manganese and Zinc as micro nutrients.
- Prevent from frost damage- Best fungicide to be used along with systemic fungicides for protective and curative control of disease and to prevent of delay resistance development.
- Environmentally safe – Low persistence in environment as it rapidly degrades in soil and water, no leaching potential.
For better disease management, it is always advisable to remember the maxim – PREVENTION IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN CURE.
Generally the sprays of Winner M-45 should start before the appearance of disease or at disease initiation. Repeat the applications at 7-12 days interval depending on climatic conditions and disease severity.
The general recommendations on various crops are given below, but it is advisable to use the product as per the local recommendations of agricultural institutes. Recommended rate for foliar spray is 600-800 grams per acre with water volume of 200 to 400 liter/acre based upon crop type, canopy and stage.
For seed treatment, general recommendation is 2.5 g/kg seed. Tubers or rhizomes are recommended to be dipped for minimum 20-30 minutes before sowing @300g per 100 liter. It is advised that the user must read the label and leaflet attached to the container for details.
It is compatible with commonly used pesticides. It is not compatible with lime sulphur and Bordeaux mixture or alkaline solutions.