Tricel is a broad spectrum organophosphorus insecticide. It controls a wide range of insect pests in soil or on foliage in a variety of crops, by contact, ingestion and vapor action.
Mode of Action-
Tricel affects the nervous system by inhibiting the breakdown of acetylcholine (ACh), a neurotransmitter. When insects are exposed, Chlorpyriphos binds to the active site of the cholinesterase (ChE) enzyme, which prevents breakdown of ACh in the synaptic cleft leading to paralysis & eventually death of treated insect.
- Tricel has a triple action: contact, stomach & vapor to ensure that no pest survives.
- Tricel has an excellent soil action, which makes it the ideal weapon to fight against termites, cutworms, white grubs/root grubs etc
- Tricel has a broad spectrum action that controls most of the sucking, chewing and biting insects on various crops.
- Tricel can be used as a foliar spray, soil drench, seed treatment, broadcasting of oil/sand for termite control.
- Compatible to other insecticides and fungicides hence can be used in combination.