Regent is a Fipronil based phenyl pyrazole insecticide which is very effective for controlling stem borer and leaf folder in rice and termites and early shoot borer pests in sugarcane. Fipronil not only controls insect pests effectively but also shows plant growth enhancement effects like enhanced root growth, more number of productive tillers etc., which results in higher yields.
MODE OF ACTION
Primarily acts as an ingestion toxicant with some complimentary contact action and acts by interfering in nerve impulse transmission. It interferes with the passage of chloride ions through the Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA) regulated chloride channel, thereby disrupting CNS activity and at sufficient doses, causing insect death.
- A major strength of the molecule is its applications and formulation flexibility. The granular formulation can be easily broadcasted on the standing crop.
- Fipronil has both contact and ingestion activity, but is particularly effective by way of ingestion. An intermediate response, such as cessation of feeding, may be noted soon after treatment.
- The site of action of Fipronil sets it apart from most commercial insecticides. a new generation insecticide belonging to new family of Phenyl Pyrazole.
- Regent is an ideal choice for IPM.
- Regent application has shown demonstrable Plant Growth Enhancement (PGE) effect in many crops.