Mode of Action
- It is unique combination of systemic and contact fungicide. Its systemic part is Tricyclazole which is a specialty systemic fungicide.
- It is rapidly absorbed by the plants and translocated towards leaf tips. It is a protectant fungicide that prevents the fungus from penetrating the plant. Inhibition occurs when the fungus attempts to penetrate and establish an infection site inside the plant. In rice blast, the melanin pigment is needed for the hardening of the appressorium and inhibition of the pigment formation in appressorium makes it unable to mechanically penetrate the host plant.
- Its other partner is mancozeb which is a contact broad-spectrum fungicide with protective action. It is fungi toxic when exposed to air. It is converted to an isothiocyanate, which inactivates the sulphahydral (SH) groups in enzymes of fungi.
- Some times the metals are exchanged between Mancozeb and enzymes of fungi, thus causing disturbance in fungal enzyme functioning.
- A unique combination fungicide- Broad spectrum fungicide, very effective against blast, anthracnose diseases and also controls large no. of diseases (with its multisite action), caused by advance fungi and other group of fungi infecting many crops.
- Wide spectrum of use - Used for foliar sprays, nursery drenching and seed treatments in many crops
- Best for control of rice blast and in addition prevents grain discoloration also.
- Disease resistance management - It can be used repeatedly, without any danger of resistance development, for many of years.
- Provides Nutrition - In addition to disease control, it provides manganese and zinc to crop, there by keeps plants green and healthy.
- Environmentally safe - It is quite safe to natural enemies and environment. Thus part of Integrated Disease Management.
- Increases the quality - It improves grain yield, results in superior grain quality, which are heavier, shiny and upon milling gives highest recovery of full size grains.
Time of Application
- For better disease management, it is always advisable to remember the maxim – PREVENTION IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN CURE. Generally the sprays of Comrade should start before the appearance of disease or at disease initiation. Repeat the applications at 7-12 days interval depending on climatic conditions and disease severity.
- For blast control in paddy where both leaf and panicle blast exists, two applications are normally required, first at the time of appearance of lesions on leaves and second from late boot to 5 % panicle emergence. If bad weather persist, it is advisable to go for another application at 50 to 75 % of panicle emergence but before the panicle neck gets exposed to air.
- It is advised that the user must read the label and leaflet attached to the container for details.It is advisable to use the product as per the local recommendations of agricultural institutes.
1000 – 1250g per hectare formulation. Water Volume ranges between 500 to 1000 liter per hectare based upon crop type and crop stage. It is advised that the user must read the label and leaflet attached to the container for details or follow local.
It is compatible with commonly used pesticides. It is not compatible with lime sulphur and Bordeaux mixture or alkaline solutions.